7 May 2013

Galavant


Apologies for the non-outfit-post-post but we 100% need to discuss this 2013 Met Gala moment. Nicole Richie I meannnn it's perfection really. During a thoroughly intriguing Modern Asia lecture yesterday (cough not) I was scrolling through images of the various best and worst dressed lists online. "Punk: Chaos to Couture" was the set theme this year and as most will agree, there wasn't much of it to be seen. I was very underwhelmed or 'just whelmed' as Cher would put it. UNTIL I came across this gem. 

At first glance I was a little shocked, though after a few seconds had passed it was like the heavens had opened and suddenly everything made sense. The frosted hair, the double ear cuffs, that mac/chanel combo lip ahaaaaa. Oh and if you haven't fallen in love with this look already then let me enlighten you on who designed her dress. 
Chanel you say? Another vintage Valentino perhaps?
Topshop. Yes close your gaping mouth you heard correctly. Do you love it?*


Oh and before I end this post can we also appreciate how even the tiny details i.e. nails and jewellery are spot on. Annnd on a completely different note another outfit post should be up and posted very shortly! 

- C x
*a simple life reference I really hope you picked up on