14 Mar 2013

Thou shalt not covet thy Coltranes



 If you follow us on instagram or tumblr, you may already know that two weeks ago, the clouds parted and sun shone down on me as I finally bought a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Coltranes.  In what was very similar to my Furby stage when I was five, after obsessing over the shoes, I finally got them.  It was quite a historical moment, that of which was captured on film and will be shown to generations to come.  I bought my pair from Apex Shoes on Chapel Street, one of the few places we've found to stock Jeffrey Campbell's in Melbourne.

They really should have come with a product warning; to avoid wearing the shoes on days that are over 32 degrees.  But then again, everybody else on this earth has a lot more common sense than I do.  As you can probably guess, I was all too keen to wear them out.  Therefore, I wore them last week on that 35 degree day-if you're from Melbourne, then you will know exactly what I'm talking about.  Wearing Coltranes on a hot and sweaty day will go down as one of the stupidest decisions I have made in my life.  I got home and my feet looked and felt as if I had just been crucified.

So when I summoned the courage to wear them again yesterday, I paired them with a pair or black socks, and I had a much easier time running from building to building, across my university campus.


These pictures were taking whilst I was waiting for C to finish her tutorial so we could go and eat lunch.  I'm pretty sure I looked like one of those girls that you see in Starbucks taking photos of their caffee latte mochachinos to put on Instagram in Valencia, but hey, what can you do.


Those shoes, that dirty floor gum.
Cheap Monday Second Skin denim jeans from General Pants
-N x